Thursday, September 22, 2011

Thoughts While Being Held In Captivity

Thoughts While Being Held In Captivity

1
If only
Days were edible
I'd indulge myself
In their scrumptious
Flavors
Until my sentence
Is over
Then I'd finally be free-
Plump as a king
Serves me right
It's about time
I return home
To my queen

2
Crystalline dreams
Chasing after me
Like a speeding ambulance
With its lights on fire
And Death driving
Dressed in his murky cloak
I hope he crashes
In a cornfield
Only to slash
His demon head off
With the nefarious scythe

3
Wondering
What Wednesday tastes like
I despise Wednesdays
Passionately
But if I eat every Wednesday
Withstanding its bitter taste
Tuesday would peel a Thursday
Off the calendar
As if it were a banana
Causing a chain reaction
Where Thursday
Accidentally steps on it
And slips into Friday
With the quickness

4
Salivating
Over photographic images
In my head of home
I'm condemned
To isolation
Although, my freedom's
Bordering the horizon
And soon I'll meet it there
Where earth
Trims our sky

5
Looking outside
The facilities window
At rain drops
As they individually
Plummet themselves
Into the asphalt
Like a bunch of
Kamikaze pilots
With a good enough cause
To descend from
The heavens
Of the sky
So I sit
And ponder
Lost in a trance of 'tell me why'
Wishing I could leave
Just for the moment
To ask the rain
A simple question
I'm merely trying
To understand
The delicate motives
Of these droplets
Please forgive my
Starving curiosity

6
Notice how everyone
Thinks they've had a Sunday
Those simple minded fools
Or maybe it is I who doesn't know
And perhaps Sunday really does
Taste like vanilla ice cream
With Hershey's chocolate syrup,
Sprinkles,
And a cherry on top

7
The moon tells me that
Lucifer was the sexiest
Fallen Angel
So when I go to hell
I'll ask her to
Bare my children
And when I do
She'll look at me
And ask, "What does Wednesday taste like?"
At which I'll reply, "Not too bad in-between
A peanut butter and jelly sandwich".

HADES (Hungry Artist's Don't Ever Stop)
2004

No comments: